|Mediterranean- Style Roasted Cod|
The holidays are over and this is when I usually start craving lighter and healthier foods. I'm on a mediterranean flavor kick which is full of fresh seafood, whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lots of garlic, lemon and fresh herbs. This savory, fresh fish recipe is a great way to kickstart my mediterranean diet. This dish is so delicious, that's what happens when you have fresh and favorable ingredients that can stand on their own come together.
Serves 2 or more depending on the size of fish
- 2 pieces of cod (scrod, or any white fish)
- Olive oil
- Course salt
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 handful of fresh spinach, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 TBLS of capers
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Drizzle olive oil on top and bottom of fish making sure to coat well. Season the top of the fish generously with salt and pepper.
- Place all other ingredients on top of fish and squeeze some extra lemon on top.
- Roast in the oven, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
|A deep baking dish to capture all the healthy juices.|
|Place all the fresh ingredients on top.|
|Out of the oven with all the lemony juices.|